Benjamin Solomon Carson struggled his entire life. His father left their family when Ben was 8, but his mother pushed Ben and his brother to excel in academics. He graduated from Yale in 1973 with a B.A. in Psychology, then went to the University of Michigan, first as a psychologist, then a neurosurgeon. Dr. Carson conducted the noted separation of two Siamese twins joined at the head in 2003 .
Some of Carson’s stated positions include:
- Believes gay marriage is a choice but understands same sex marriage is now law
- Marijuana use for medicinal purposes, not recreational
- Doesn’t support common core education.
- Independence from foreign energy suppliers
- Stands with Israel
- States should impose their own laws and regulations
- Wants to repeal Obamacare and get back to everyone paying for themselves
- Law-abiding citizens have the right to bear arms
- Allow the US military to destroy ISIS
FINANCIAL AID / STUDENT LOANS / COST OF EDUCATION
Carson’s stance on education
An interview with Carson on education
Carson’s stance on the economy.
This article discusses the possible economic impact of Carson’s plans.
APPROACH TO TERRORISM / EXTREMIST GROUPS
Ben Carson discusses eradicating the “Islamic State” in this video interview.
This article focuses on what limits Carson applies to war.
The link below provide a more in-depth look at his stance on some of the hot topics involving civil rights.