- Lindsey Graham is a Republican who was born in Central, South Carolina.
- He was the first of his family to go to college and went to the University of South Carolina to get undergraduate and law degrees.
- He went on to a thirty-three year military career before retiring as a colonel in 2015. In the United Stairs Air Force, he served from 1982 to 1988 ad became a member of the Judge Advocate General Corps. In the South Carolina Air National Guard, he served from 1989 until 1995 as Staff Judge Advocate for the McEntire Air National Guard Base. In the Air Force Reserves, he served from 1995 to 2015, contributing his military law experience to operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- In 1994, he was elected the first Republican of Third Congressional District of South Carolina since 1877. He was elected into the Senate in 2002 and re-elected in 2008 and 2014.
- He lives in Seneca, is a member of Corinth Baptist Church, and has no wife or children.
- His main campaign platforms are security against terrorism and financial security
FINANCIAL AID / STUDENT LOANS / COST OF EDUCATION
Article discussing the views of candidates in both parties agreeing on student loan finance reform – Graham is pictured and voices his support in paragraphs 6 & 7.
Article discussing the pros of Lindsey Graham’s pro-lender views and his plan to help student debt
Article discussing the cons and false reasoning of Lindsey Graham’s plan to help student debt
Lindsey Graham’s discussion on his plans to help the economy and government budget
Legislation passed by Lindsey Graham to help protect jobs from government intrusion
Article discussing the cons and accuracy of Lindsey Graham’s plans for jobs and the economy
Article discussing Lindsey Graham’s views on the cons of his plans for the economy and how they might impact the environment
APPROACH TO TERRORISM / EXTREMIST GROUPS
Article discussing Lindsey Graham’s statements about how the Iran Deal “supports terrorism” and the pro of Graham’s “strong voice” against radical Islam
Article discussing how Lindsey Graham plans to use the military against radical Islam groups like ISIS and stop giving money to Iran in paragraphs two, three, and four
HUMANITARIAN / FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR OTHER NATIONS
Article from 2011 discussing the cons of Graham’s trying to protect foreign aid as senator
Article stating that Graham thinks that the United States should accept refugees from the Middle East
Article about Graham’s views regarding foreign assistance, what he plans to do with that money, and what the American taxpayer thinks of foreign aid
Article about Graham discussing his views on the motivations of the perpetrator behind the Charleston shooting in black church
Article about Graham stating that the Charleston shooting reminded him of hatred in Middle East and called to take down the Confederate flag
Article discussing Graham’s “blunt” views on how Charleston shooting was racially-motivated