Free workshops and events allow students to use the newest tools to get their resumes noticed, learn the do’s and don’ts of interviewing, about internships available, and meet employers who are hiring. The workshops run from January to April 2013:
- Resume Writing Workshop – Tuesday, Feb. 5, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., UP 175
- Interview Workshop – Tuesday, March 12, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., UP 175
- Internship Workshop – Tuesday, April 2, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., UP 175
- also Wednesday, April 3, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., UP 193
- Job Fair – Thursday, April 4, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Conference Center
There are also be informal Drop-in Events to chat, ask questions, and learn about career decision-making software:
- Coffee & Career Chat – Thursdays 9:30 to 11 a.m. in the UP Lobby
- Focus Fridays – from 10 a.m. to noon in TL104 – Learning Commons to 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan,18
- Friday, Feb. 15
- Friday, March 22
These events can help students find jobs that will appeal to each student’s interests, skills, and personality style. For more information, contact career specialist, Lynn Wolf at SPC Career Services Center at 727-394-6034.