On August 26, the Florida heat didn’t keep the students of Tarpon Campus from enjoying their welcome back festival. A number of organizations and employers were present to let SPC students know about all of the opportunities available to them. With such a huge turn out and long lines of people waiting for free burgers, hot dogs, and Italian ice the fall welcome back was a huge success!
Below are photographs of the celebration along with information for all of the represented organizations. If you are interested in any of the organizations below, don’t hesitate to contact them!
SPC Organizations and Opportunities:
- Student Government – We have the student government to thank for putting the celebration together for us. If you’re interested in joining SGA, contact advisor Barbara Fumano at firstname.lastname@example.org and read about them on their website http://www.spcollege.edu/SGA/.
- Personal Training – Tarpon has its very own personal trainer! Kim Gabriel can be found in the gym every Wednesday from 10am-5pm to get you into the shape of your life.
- Cinema Club – A brand new club starting this year, Cinema club is for movie enthusiasts and movie-makers. The club plans to watch films, make movies, and put on a future film festival. To get more information, contact Wesley at email@example.com
- Phi Theta Kappa – Go Greek? Why not! This organization helps the community with volunteer work and has other events planned for the future. You can reach the advisor, Laurel Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out their facebook page.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay – Looking for dedicated volunteers that can commit 4-5 hours a month for 12 months to help better the life of a child in need by becoming a caring mentor. If you’d like to join, contact Jack Sheppard at JackS@bbbstampabay.org or check out their website www.BBSTampaBay.org
- Men Achieving Excellence (MAX) – This is a network of men working toward graduation, finding jobs, sharing positive experiences, and developing friendships with students and mentors. Designed by men for men, MAX is present on every SPC campus. To learn more or join, call (727)-341-3107 or go to www.spcollege.edu/MAX
- Latinos United – The Latinos United Club meets Tuesday’s at 2pm in Agora 007 (the Student Center). If you’re interested in joining Tarpon’s chapter, email email@example.com
- Hellenic Society – New members are always welcome! Meetings are on Thursdays in BB 209 from 2-3pm. For more information contact president Michael Vasilopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Sciences Club – Get involved with the environment. Go kayaking. This club wants you to join! Contact advisor Kelli Stickrath at email@example.com
- Intervarsity – A Jesus-centered movement of students. Come meet a friend and join in on activities! Bible discussions are every Thursday 12:30 on the Student Center. There will be a small pizza party Aug. 27 and Ultimate Frisbee on Sept 1. To get more information, you can contact Zack at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (941)-960-3212.
- Rotaract Club – The college edition of the Rotary club is available for you to join. With Rotaract you can volunteer locally and internationally, build career contacts, and develop strong skills. To find out how to join, contact Rotaract at email@example.com or call (727)-487-2596
- J.E. Hanger College of Othotics and Prosthetics – Did you know SPC offers both a Bachelors and Associates degree in Orthotics and Prosthetics? SPC is a national leader in developing and providing orthotics and prosthetics training at its $11 million dollar facility. There is high demand in this field and it makes for a great career. If you’re interested in finding out more, contact Larissa Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (727)-341-7904.
If you’re looking for employment, the following organizations are looking to help you find work.
- CareerSource Pinellas – Helping students find jobs and careers. For assistance, contact Abigail Barea at email@example.com, call (727)-608-2470, or go to their website careersourcepinellas.com
- Express Employment Professionals – If you’re looking for work and are 18+ years old, this resource can help you find employment. Contact Shawn Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (727)-712-0607. You can also check out their website expresspros.com.
- Innisbrook Grand Golf Resorts of Florida – Most locals know of Innisbrook. Well they’re looking to hire! If you’re looking for a job, apply online at www.visitinnisbrook.com/careers or call their job line (727)-942-5888.
- Chick-Fil-A – Chick-Fil-A is looking to hire at its Palm Harbor location and other locations in the area. To find out about employment opportunities, go to their website http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Company/Careers-Team-Opportunities.
- Skoops Italian Ice – Did you love the Italian Ice? Available for festivals, carnivals, birthday parties, church fundraisers and more! Dairy free and made with real fruit. Contact Julianty Iwanicki at (813)-270-8998, email email@example.com, or check out their website www.skoopsitalianice.com.