By Hannah Droke
School got you feeling down? Take a break from your studies with these fun activities.
- Go to the Beach. Build a sandcastle. Read a book. Feel the lap of the waves against your toes as you let them wash your stress away.
2. Have a Coffee Date. Visit your local Starbuck’s or coffee shop with a friend and order your favorite drink. Sit outside to enjoy the sunshine and chat about that cute barista who served you.
3. Take a Walk. Explore the great outdoors and take an adventure off the beaten path. Wander the woods and listen to the nature around you. You never know what you will find!
4. Read a Book. Dive into someone else’s adventure and lose yourself in their story. Read in your favorite cozy place, whether it be in a hammock, on the porch, or in the park.
5. Be a photographer for a day. Take a picture of the place you call home or your friends. Document the little things that matter in your life and share it with others.
6. Do a DIY project. Get creative and create things for yourself or your friends. Create your own custom coasters for your coffee table or make a DIY Sharpie mug to hold your pencils or pens at your desk.
7. Visit a local ice cream shop. Enjoy your favorite ice cream flavor or try a new one with friends. Satisfy your sweet tooth and taste the hints of summer fun infused into every bite.
8. See your favorite artist live. Enjoy the fellowship of friends at a live concert featuring your favorite artist. Raise the roof and celebrate the good times.
9. Volunteer. Give back to the community and learn out what it means to serve others. Volunteer at a 5k race, aquarium, or community sponsored event! Share your passions with the world!
10. Treat yourself. Embedded in the wisdom Parks and Recreation has brought us throughout the years is the iconic ‘treat yourself’ saying. Whether you’ve made this a part of your daily routine or you are just hopping on the bandwagon, remember to celebrate ‘you’ every once in a while.
Sometimes the stress of school can be overwhelming. Take some time off from your busy schedule to enjoy yourself. Spend some time with your friends or outdoors and get a taste of summer right now. The sunshine and good times await.