Originally published here.
Community Leadership ONLINE degree
Education isn’t just about teaching. There are so many careers in Youth, Family, and Community Services available today! St. Petersburg College now offers a completely online Bachelor of Educational Studies & Community Leadership (B.S.) degree. This program does not lead to teacher certification; however, it will prepare you to serve in non-traditional educational positions such as community leader, youth development coordinator, corporate trainer, or director of a non-profit.
- AA degree
- 2.0 GPA
Educational Studies & Community Leadership Program Benefits
- 100% Online
- No education pre-requisites
- Bachelor’s degree that provides foundation for those wishing to pursue a Master’s Degree
- Organized set sequence of courses – two tracks
Students will graduate with workplace-ready job skills like leadership, organization, management, communication, and motivation. Students will complete coursework in diversity, youth & community development, program management, grant administration & resource development, and managing global resources.
The Educational Studies & Community Leadership program is designed to meet many different employment career goals. Especially relevant is the fact that employers often look for employees who have strength in communications, the ability to work well on teams, who are well-rounded in their education, demonstrate leadership skills, and possess excellent computer skills.
Most noteworthy is the fact that the program was designed to meet the needs of individuals who wish to function in an education, youth, family, health, or human services setting. The Educational Studies & Community Leadership program leads to careers in business and industry, non-licensure education settings, religious, youth & family community settings, non-profits, human resources, and advocacy groups.
Examples of Beyond Traditional Blackboard Employment
- Children, Family, and Community Outreach Programs (Adult Ed, GED, Job Skills Training, Literacy Programs, senior services, etc.)
- Youth Development (YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, after school programs, etc.)
- Non-Profits (Homeless/Transitional programs, Help Lines, At-risk programs)
- Human Resources/Higher Ed (Corporate training, Health Benefits, Records Management, Advising, Career Counseling, Recruiting, Financial Aid, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial (start your own child care, after school program, youth leadership program, tutoring, etc.)
For more information on an exciting new way to complete a Bachelor’s degree with many employment options, please contact:
Dr. Michael Poulin 727-791-2788
Pat Roper 727-712-5410
Pam Wilkins 727- 712-5888