- Bachelor Degree from University of Florida 1993
- J. D. from University of Miami 1996
- Elected in Florida House of Representatives 1998
- Served on West Miami City Commission until 2000
- Served in Florida House of Representatives 2000-2008
-served as Majority Whip, Majority Leader and Speaker of the House
- Two years before speakership, traveled around the state, hosting “Idearaisers”
-These “Idearaisers” were to gain input on how to make Florida better. Passed by the Florida house, 57 of them became law on cracking down on gangs and sexual predators, encouraging energy-efficient buildings/appliances/vehicles, and help small businesses acquire adorable health coverage.
- Senator from Florida from 2011
FINANCIAL AID / STUDENT LOANS / COST OF EDUCATION
This article discusses Rubio’s experience in higher education.
The New York Times reports on Rubio’s proposed overhaul.
This article points out the negative impact of Rubio’s loan policy on soft subjects.
This article explores Rubio’s policy in depth.
A short review of Rubio’s plan:
APPROACH TO TERRORISM / EXTREMIST GROUPS
Politico reports on Rubio’s response to the Iranian Nuclear Deal:
Salon points out errors in Rubio’s response:
CNN reports on Rubio’s response to Russian airstrikes:
HUMANITARIAN / FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR OTHER NATIONS
Business Insider points out activists’ response to Rubio’s immigration policy
Briebart compares Rubio with Trump
Rubio’s plan in detail:
This article discusses Rubio’s perspective on BlackLivesMatter
This article reports Rubio’s comments on race.