Former Governor O’Malley has done a lot of public service work for the State of Maryland and the City of Baltimore. While he was the Mayor of Baltimore, he helped lower the crime and drug rates. Furthermore, O’Malley is married and he and his wife, Katie, live in Baltimore with their four children. Martin O’Malley is currently in a Celtic Band as a guitarist and lead singer called O’Malley’s March.
Education: Marin O’Malley Graduated from Gonzaga College High School and the Catholic University of America. Then he finished with college at the University Of Maryland School Of Law.
- O’Malley Assisted Congresswoman Barbara Mikulski”s as state field director in 1984.
- Martin O’Malley worked in the Legislative field with Barbara Mikulski’s office from 1987 to1988.
- He was employed as the Assistant State’s Attorney for the City of Baltimore from 1988 to 1990.
- O’Malley served in the Baltimore City Council in the 3rd district from 1991 to 1999.
- O’Malley served as the Mayor of Baltimore from 1999 to 2007.
- Martin O’Malley served as Mayland’s Governor for 8 years from 2007 to 2015.
- O’Malley was the Chair of the Democratic Governor Association from 2011 to 2013.
- Former Governor O’Malley announced his bid for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination on May 30, 2015 in Baltimore.
- O’Malley was elected in June, 2016 to the Johns Hopkins University’s Carey Business School as a professor focusing on government, business, and cultural topics.
FINANCIAL AID / STUDENT LOANS / COST OF EDUCATION
Martin O’Malley’s proposal for education is to lower interest rates on student loans to make college affordable for all. This article compares his plan to Bernie Saunder’s plan.
When Martin O’Malley was governor of Maryland, the graduation rate went up statewide in Maryland and even now Maryland is still the cheapest state for college tuition in the United States. He spells out the details of his plan in this article for the Huffington Post.
Marin O’Malley is planning on 15 specific things to “create good jobs and build an economy that works for all.”
This article is written by someone who openly wants smaller government, but includes facts.
O’Malley believes we can build the economy to create jobs starting in 2016 to 2050 using solar energy. This article briefly mentions his position on climate.
APPROACH TO TERRORISM / EXTREMIST GROUPS
Martin O’Malley believes global warming is contributed to the rise of ISIS. In this article, Bloomberg News interviewed him on this position.
In this article, CBS News provides O’Malley’s vision in detail about how to combat ISIS.
HUMANITARIAN / FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR OTHER NATIONS
Martin O’Malley is proposing that America takes in Syrian refugees and at least 65,000 by the end of 2016. This CNN article reports his plan and points out that Hillary Clinton’s does not have a specific number.
Martin O’Malley speaks about racial tension in the N.Y. Times. O’Malley’s plan is calling for major changes in policing and criminal justice.
Martin O’Malley the former governor of Baltimore talks about the racial tension in Baltimore recently. A writer from the Guardian explains the riots could damage his numbers from voters.